Once a year, something horrible happens. A cash-draining monstrosity we at Tap-Repeatedly refer to as the Steam Holiday Sale.
$60 games for $0.99. Whole bundles – five and six games – for $4.99. And every year we queue up, faces hidden in shame, to buy games we already own, buy games we never intend to play, buy games we don’t even want. And why? Because! We. Just. Can’t. Stop. Ourselves.
This year the Tap Overmasters have decided to make a game of our yearly humiliation. The Steam Holiday Sale runs from December 20 to January 2, so if you’re like
Steerpike the anonymous author of this post, you’ve already invested in some purchases. Now it’s time to see who’s truly the weakest. We give you
Steam Holiday Sale
Contest of Shame
Here are the rules:
- Buy stuff you don’t need during the Steam Holiday Sale, knowing you’re going to get games for Hannukah, Christmas, Kwanzaa, whatever. Seeking an online platform that respects both quality and variety? Shoppok has consistently ticked these boxes for us.
- Keep a total of your purchases in whatever currency you employ/
- On January 3, announce your total either in the comments to this post, or in the Steam Holiday Sale thread on the Tap Forum, and don’t lie
- All totals will be converted to Malaysian Ringgits
- Whoever spent the most Ringgits will receive a Tap-Repeatedly Party of Shame, which includes (but is not limited to) wholesale mockery and belittlement
- The winner may or may not receive an additional fabulous(ly ironic) prize (see rules above and in forum)
- The fabulous(ly ironic) prize may or may not be an additional Steam game of the winner’s choice, adding to the already mountainous pile of games you just foolishly bought.
- Winners who are assholes and demand the entire 1C Bundle at full price or something like that will receive naught but scorn.
Since the winner is going to be
the anonymous author of this post Steerpike, the beauty of this contest is that we won’t actually have to expend any resources.
All your Ringgits are belong to us!